Pickleball Cayman Ltd is committed to being a responsible custodian of the information you provide to us and the information we collect about you. This Privacy and Online Services Notice (this Notice) describes how we may collect, use and share personal information in connection with the provision of our services and your use of www.pickleball.ky (our Website).
Pickleball Cayman Ltd is the data controller of your personal information processed in connection with our services.
Please ensure that any relevant individuals are made aware of this Notice and the individual rights and information it sets out, prior to providing their information to us or our obtaining their information from another source.
We do not knowingly collect or ask for data, including personal information, from anyone under the age of 18. If you are such a person, please do not use our services or send us your data. We delete data that we learn is collected from a person under the age of 18 without verified parental consent.
The types of information we collect
‘Personal information’ is any information that, either alone or in combination with other data, enables you to be directly or indirectly identified (for example, your name, email address, contact details, or any unique identifier such as an internet protocol (‘IP’) address, device ID or other online identifier). We collect your personal information when you provide it to us. We may also automatically collect certain information when you use, access, or interact with our Website.
Information you provide to us
As part of the registration process, we may collect the following information from you:
- First and last name;
- Date of birth;
- Nationality and country of residence;
- Residential address;
- Email address;
- Payment information including card number and address
In addition, where you utilise the Website, we may collect additional information from you. This may include your personal information and your IP address.
We may also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including when you communicate with us via email, on social media or other channels, when you register for our updates and when you respond to our communications or requests for information.
Information we may collect automatically through cookies and similar tracking technologies
By accessing our Website we may also automatically collect certain data from your browser, including server log information (such as login details, IP address and details on the time spent on various pages of our Website) and device and browser information (such as the type of device, universally unique identifiers (‘UUID’), advertising identifiers (‘IDFA’), type of browser, operating system, hardware and processor information, plug-ins and add-ons).
You can choose how cookies are handled by your device through your browser or device settings, including refusing or deleting all Cookies. If you choose not to receive Cookies at any time, websites may not function properly and certain services may not be provided. Each browser and device is different, so check the settings menu of the browser or device you are using to learn how to change your advertising settings and Cookie preferences.
Information we may collect from third-party sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand, and analyse our records, prevent or detect fraud or other suspicious activities and process payments. In addition, our Website may also include integrated content or links to content provided by third parties (such as live chat, social media content, plug-ins and applications) – see the section entitled “Third-party services and content” below.
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we collect:
- To provide you with our services;
- To respond to your enquiries or to any problems that may arise (such as navigating our Website or accessing certain services or features);
- To provide you with technical, support or administrative notifications;
- With your separate consent, to send you marketing communications, and other information or materials that may be of interest to you or which you have expressed an interest in receiving (and subject to your ability
- To opt-out from receiving those communications);
- To maintain our list of contacts;
- To understand how people use our Website, including by generating and analysing statistics and user trends, and to evaluate, administer, maintain and improve our Website and other services;
- For internal development of new products or services; and
- As we believe reasonably necessary, advisable or appropriate to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations or to protect your, our, or others’ rights.
How we may share the information we collect
We may disclose the information we collect:
- To our partners and third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf such as marketing companies, web-hosting companies, analytics providers and information technology providers. In these circumstances contractual and other technical and security safeguards will be put in place with the partner or service provider, including to ensure that your personal information is processed only in accordance with this Notice.
- To partners, financial institutions or service providers who may request such information in connection with providing services to us, including banking services, and only where we enter into an agreement with such institutions to limit their use and handling of personal information in accordance with this Notice.
- To our employees where required or necessary for the performance of their duties and in line with the reasons for processing. Our employees are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than to enable you to use the services or to deal with requests that you submit to us.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise share personal information that reasonably identifies you or your organisation with unaffiliated entities for their independent use except as expressly described in this Notice or with your prior permission. We may share information that does not reasonably identify you or your organisation as permitted by applicable law.
When you voluntarily make your personal information available online in an environment shared by third parties (for example, on messaging applications, social media, message boards, web logs, or emails), that personal information may be viewed, saved, collected, heard, used and/or shared by others. We are not responsible for any unauthorised third-party use of information provided in these situations. Please be mindful whenever you share any information in such environments.
Grounds for using your personal information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- The necessity for the performance of a contract.
- Legal obligation – We may process your personal information as may be required to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations that may apply to us.
- Legitimate interests – We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to improve our services.
- Consent – To withdraw your consent to such use, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Where required by applicable laws, we will rely on your consent for direct marketing and to collect information from your device or computer.
Third-party services and content
Our Website may include integrated content or links to content provided by third parties (such as video materials, social media content, plug-ins and applications).
Please note that the websites, applications and services of third parties (including affiliates, partners, sponsors, advertisers or other persons) will be governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the third party, which may differ from this Notice. This Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for or able to control, the privacy, security, or other practices of such third parties.
Protection and storage of the information we collect
We deploy administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to comply with applicable legal requirements to safeguard the information that we collect. This includes, when required or appropriate and feasible, obtaining written assurances from third parties that may access your personal information that they will protect the information with safeguards designed to provide a level of protection equivalent to that adopted by us. We are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the internet and any wireless networks.
We may store the information we collect in on our servers both cloud-based or in servers located in countries where we or our service providers have facilities. Therefore, we may transfer information to countries outside of your country of residence which may have data protection laws and regulations that differ from those in your country.
We retain the information we collect for no longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the information and to comply with our legal obligations.
Your choices and rights
To withdraw your consent to the use of your information as described in this Notice you can contact us through the methods stated below. Please note that in some circumstances this may mean that we can no longer provide our services to you.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can also let us know via the methods stated below. The electronic marketing communications we send to you also contain opt-out mechanisms that allow you to opt out from receiving those communications, update your contact information or change your preferences at any time. We will honour your choice and refrain from sending you such announcements. You may also opt back in to receive those communications at any time.
Under local law, you may have certain rights regarding the personal information that we have collected, including that EU residents have the right to request: (i) access to your personal information, (ii) rectification or erasure of personal information, (iii) restriction of processing concerning you and (iv) objection to processing that is based upon our legitimate interests. Your ability to exercise these rights will depend on a number of factors and, in some instances, we will not be able to comply with your request, for example, because we have legitimate grounds for not doing so or where the right doesn’t apply to the particular information we hold on you. Where so entitled to access your personal information, you will not have to pay a fee unless your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive (upon which we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request). If you would like to discuss or exercise the rights you may have, you can contact us through the methods stated below.
It is important that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and current
Please keep us informed if your personal information changes whilst we continue to retain such information. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate or out of date. You can also ask us to see what personal information we hold about you and to erase your personal information if it is no longer required. You may also tell us if you object to our use of your personal information.
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us regarding this Notice or to withdraw your consent to this Notice or any aspect of it, please send us an email at email@example.com.
We try to respond to all legitimate enquiries within 30 days. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about your privacy. If you would like to contact us, please use the methods stated above.
Changes to this Notice
We may update this Notice from time to time and we encourage you to periodically review this Notice. If we make any material changes to this Notice regarding the way we collect, use, and/or share the personal information that you have provided, we will notify you by posting notice of the changes in a clear and conspicuous manner on our Website.
The use of our services may also be governed by other applicable terms which supplement and should be reviewed alongside this Notice.
Last Updated: June 2023